Paint Color Overload

Saturday, November 1, 2014

My husband and I recently just purchased our first house. Even from the beginning when we were just looking for houses, I was beyond excited about painting. We've lived in apartments for the past 4, almost 5, years while the military has sent us all over. Finally being able to make my house feel like a real home has been so exciting, and a bit overwhelming. 

I've spent way too much time perusing through Pinterest looking at paint colors and color schemes. We decided from the beginning that we were going to use Behr paint and that we wanted to use grays...slowly that turned into blues and grays but it's the perfect coastal theme. The hard part though...narrowing it down to the colors that we will actually use!

Finally, after months and months of looking, I think I have decided our color scheme. I won't even get into how difficult it was to find colors that would flow throughout the whole house. 

Here is what we have decided on...for now!


 

 

 

1. Anonymous 2. Light French Gray 3. Misty Morn 4. Prelude 5. Regatta Bay 6. Waterscape

Our master bedroom will be Anonymous and the master bath will be Waterscape. The babies room will be Regatta Bay. The guest room and and guest bathroom will be Light French Gray or Misty Morn (I still can't decide!). The office and downstairs bathroom will be Prelude. 

Our whole downstairs is an open floor plan with arched doorways (no molding about the doors since they're curved) so I have no idea how to separate the paint colors without making it look like a complete mess so I would like to do some accent walls in the living room and in the dining room with some of the paint colors that we'll already have.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the colors we've picked out and the accent wall choices! 

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors! The misty morn is probably my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are on going to have a darling home. I know exactly what you mean about living in mainly apartments do the military life. We did the same thing & actually still living in one now that we're in Kuwait & my husband works on the military base here as a civilian contractor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure hope it all comes together nicely!

      Delete