Here's what I came up with:
1 C old fashioned oats
1/2 C peanut butter
1/4 C honey
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp melted unrefined coconut oil
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Mix up all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 30ish minutes to firm up. Roll the mixtures into small balls and place in an airtight container back in the refrigerator. They'll stay good for about a week.
I also think they would great if they were rolled in unsweetened coconut but I didn't have any at home and finding coconut that isn't sweetened is turning out to be harder than I thought.
I also think they would great if they were rolled in unsweetened coconut but I didn't have any at home and finding coconut that isn't sweetened is turning out to be harder than I thought.
Once again, this is husband approved :)
Have you ever tried no-bake energy balls before? What's your favorite recipe?
Have you ever tried no-bake energy balls before? What's your favorite recipe?
Hi Meredith! I'm so happy you are posting about energy balls! I absolutely love them! Our family started creating them about four years ago, when they were taboo. I'm excited to see how quickly they are becoming mainstream! Yours look absolutely delicious! Can't wait to try :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm definitely new to the whole idea but I love it. It's such a quick, easy, and healthy, snack too!
DeleteI'm all for no bake energy balls! I really enjoy adding dates to the mixture. Theres two recipes on my recipe page.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Friday!
I've never actually tried dates! Crazy, I know! I'll have to take the leap soon and try it out.
Delete