Pumpkin Spice Latte: dairy free edition

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I have been seeing pumpkin spice latte recipes all over the place but they either a. call for sugar, b. call for dairy, or c. need a fancy espresso machine so I decided to come up with my own. I wasn't sure about it at first but the more I drank it, the more I liked it. Plus, it's just another great way for those of us with food allergies to spice up our morning coffee!

Here is what you'll need:

1 cup of brewed hot coffee
1/2 c almond milk 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 tbsp pumpkin purée 
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice

Mix together everything but the brewed coffee in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until frothy (about 1:30-2 minutes). Pour this in with your cup of coffee and give it a quick stir. Enjoy!

*If you are not avoiding sugar, feel free to add in some sweetener of your choice. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so so so happy to see this - I am a new pumpkin spice latte lover - but don't wanna pay $4+ for it nor do I have an espresso machine - I so cannot wait to give this a go - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes it so easy! I do recommend adding in a sweetener to your taste, I'm just doing a sugar detox so none for me :) Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete